Ir para conteúdo
  • Cadastre-se

Possivel Fusão The Planet e Softlayer

Posts Recomendados

Anuncio Oficial

Greetings again, from all of us at SoftLayer.

Once more, I have some exciting news to share with you.

It's been a busy time for us with the creation of our new capital structure, through which our management team and GI Partners has acquired all equity in the company.

For those who are not aware, GI also owns a large stake in The Planet, and I now have the pleasure of telling you that we are in discussions to merge The Planet with SoftLayer. The goal is for the transaction to be complete in the fourth quarter of this year.

I know you have a lot of questions. To be perfectly honest, we are at the beginning of this and don't have all the answers. Teams at both companies have just begun discussing how to integrate our organizations, and their work will yield the details we don't yet know.

For customers, nothing is changing in the near term. Both companies still operate independently, and your products, services, support, and contacts are the same today as they were yesterday. For now, each company continues to be led by its current management team. Pending completion of the merger, I will have the privilege of becoming CEO of the merged company.

As I hope you have seen in recent days, we will provide as much information as possible as our discussions with The Planet progress. But for now, I want to share some of the most important information: the reason why.

SoftLayer and The Planet have a lot in common: solid customer bases, broad product and service lines, a high level of commitment to the cloud, and more. We also have different strengths - The Planet provides different services, such as collocation, on a large scale, and SoftLayer leverages automation expertise to deliver innovative solutions. Together, we can provide customers greater value through a wider continuum of services and the most scalable, automated, and cost-effective global infrastructure.

On a very personal note, there is nothing in my life I'm more proud of than SoftLayer. We might be all about automation, but my friends and I have built this company, quite literally, by hand. It's our life, not just our livelihoods. And we've been in this industry quite a while and have seen a lot of changes. We wouldn't pursue this opportunity if we had anything but confidence in its success and a clear vision for bringing its advantages to customers and stakeholders. If you have any questions or concerns, I invite you to talk to your individual SoftLayer contact or directly to George Karidis, our Chief Strategy Officer, at gkaridis@softlayer.com.

Three bars for life,

Lance Crosby

Link para o comentário
Compartilhar em outros sites

Espero que o melhor de cada um hoje seja otimizado mais ainda na fusão.

Como sou reseller autorizado da softlayer tambem recebi essa informação (e-mail) porem tambem um segundo que fala que a equipe da softlayer continuara gerenciando o sistema tal como é hoje, pelo qual a curto ou meio prazo tanto a softlayer como a the planet nao teram muitas mudanças em si

Link para o comentário

Se baixarem os preços, seria uma boa, possivelmente voltarei a ter servidores das empresas.

'

Porem se continuar com os preços elevados, realmente fica dificil. Acredito que a fusão, se realmente acontecer, os preços caem.

'

Estou muito feliz onde eu estou, só saio de lá se me expulsarem, mais isso nao quer dizer que nao possa ficar com os 2 dc ne ;D

Link para o comentário

Participe da conversa

Você pode postar agora e se cadastrar mais tarde. Se você tem uma conta, faça o login para postar com sua conta.

Visitante
Infelizmente, seu conteúdo contém termos que não são permitimos. Edite seu conteúdo para remover as palavras destacadas abaixo.
Responder

×   Você colou conteúdo com formatação.   Remover formatação

Apenas 75 emojis são permitidos.

×   Seu link foi automaticamente incorporado.   Mostrar como link

×   Seu conteúdo anterior foi restaurado.   Limpar o editor

×   Não é possível colar imagens diretamente. Carregar ou inserir imagens do URL.

• Quem Está Navegando   0 membros estão online

• Nenhum usuário registrado visualizando esta página.
  • Criar Novo...

Informação Importante

Concorda com os nossos termos?